Yesterday, Politico asked if Rick Perry is dumb or just “misunderestimated”, which I don’t think is even a word. Not a good start when you’re trying to peg somebody else as dumb. Naturally, the goal of this piece is twofold: first, to smear one of the likely contenders for Obama’s pathetic excuse of a throne; second, to indirectly insinuate that Obama is smart.
Of course, the media is trying to continue the “Bush-isms” joke, that dead horse they have beaten, mangled, injected with AIDS, and tossed off a cliff numerous times since Bush pronounced the word “nuclear” as “nukular”. They want the populace to believe that Rick Perry is just another hokey Texas cowboy who only speaks when he wants a beer or a woman.
And maybe that’s the case. I don’t know Rick Perry that well and I haven’t done much research into him. But I know that the enemy of my enemy is friend, which makes Rick Perry the current best friend of the entire country. Yes, Obama is an enemy of the free state, of capitalism, of personal freedoms, of the free market, and of both the middle and the upper class. His entire platform can be summed up in this revealing cartoon that supposedly originated in Scotland:
The overtly liberal media would have us believe that Obama has the highest IQ of any president before him and that we should practically bow before his intellectual prowess. But before we do, let’s remember some golden Obama moments:
- His new Naval rank, Corpse-man
- The “I see dead people” comment, i.e. “many fallen heroes are in the crowd today”
- “Stupidly” is not, and has never been, a word in the English language
- There are only 50 states, not 58 as he thinks
- Austrian is not a language–Austrians speak German
- Terrible performances (i.e. in bowling) equate to the Special Olympics
- “They cling to their guns and religion”–whoops, didn’t see that microphone
- He labels his grandmother a “typical white person” in his book
- Only 12 people died in that Kansas tornado, Mr. President–not 10,000
- The Constitution was written in 1776, 200 years ago–not 20 centuries ago
- The limit on presidency is only eight years, not eight to ten
- Nancy Reagan won’t get offended–nah, you’re just talking about her dead husband
- America is older than Mexico, you placating bastard
- Europe is a continent, not a country
- If you don’t understand who can actually afford jets, how can you even begin to understand macroeconomics?
The difference between Bush’s gaffes and Obama’s gaffes is that, sure, Bush was just kind of a southern hokey guy. He had trouble pronouncing words. He came off as simple. But Obama just comes off as a cruel misanthrope, and he doesn’t even sound smart when doing it. Take away his teleprompter and he becomes a bumbling idiot.
The efforts to which this administration has gone to present itself as intelligent certainly have not produced the results it hoped for.
To win the next election, Republicans merely need to replay videos of Obama’s “stupidly” phrased comments that insult everybody not like him. The media has started calling his contenders stupid–next they’ll be calling them racist, and that’s when we’ll know they’re desperate.
As a libertarian, I have problems with both major political parties in this country, but the Democrats make it incredibly difficult to find any time to point out the flaws in the Republican party because of the intensity in which they adhere to their own elite, hypocritical status. I do not approve of the Republican party, but stand them next to the Democrats and I’ll side with them every time.